2015年11月8日 星期日

Margaret Munnerlyn Mitchell (November 8, 1900 – August 16, 1949



"I wish to Heaven I was married," she said resentful as she attacked the yams with loathing. "I'm tired of everlastingly being unnatural and never doing anything I want to do. I'm tired of acting like I do not eat more than a bird, and walking when I want to run and saying I feel faint after a waltz, when I could dance for two days and never get tired. I'm tired of saying, 'How wonderful you are!' to fool men who have not got one-half the sense I've got, and I'm tired of pretending I do not know anything, so men can tell me things and feel important while they're doing it ... I can 't eat another bite. "
- Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind
"The land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for, because it's the only thing that lasts" ..... Gerald O'Hara, Gone With The Wind. "
- Margaret Mitchell
"Life was not easy, nor was it happy, but she did not expect life to be easy, and, if it was not happy, that was woman's lot. It was a man's world, and she accepted it as such. The man owned the property, and the woman managed it. The man took credit for the management, and the woman praised his cleverness. The man roared like a bull when a splinter was in his finger, and the woman muffled the moans of childbirth, lest she disturb him. Men were rough of speech and often drunk. Women ignored the lapses of speech and put the drunkards to bed without bitter words. Men were rude and outspoken, women were always kind, gracious and forgiving. "
- Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind
"Longing hearts could only stand so much longing."
- Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind
"I only know that I love you.
That's your misfortune. "
- Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind
"Now you are beginning to think for yourself instead of letting others think for you. That's the beginning of wisdom."
- Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind

沒有留言:

張貼留言

  https://m.lnka.tw/detail.aspx?articleId=36277