2016年6月9日 星期四

Zongzi ---- Amazing!

CCTVNEWS  


China has so many kinds of delicacies across the country. Ever thought that you can make your own fillings for a Zongzi, or rice dumplings?




In a previous article we asked followers to share their ideas on making Zongzi, or share their special Zongzi fillings. We now have the list.
Crab Zong | 蟹肉粽

“I don’t know how to make one, but I really like to give a try on Da Zha Xie (Shanghai hairy crab) filling.” – Huangxin
Indeed if we can cook tofu, dumplings, porridge or any other dish with crab meat, why can’t we make Zongzi with crab? As a local specialty, Da Zha Xie or Shanghai hairy crab is famous for its flavor in late autumn, when female crabs would be full of roe. I would like to take a mouthful of Da Zha Xie Zongzi right away.

In Hainan, the southernmost island of China, people have actually made crab meat Zongzi, using Hele crab meat as filling. Hele crab originated from Hele Town, located in the southeastern shores of Hainan. The crab’s yellow roe has an oily texture and a strong aroma. Want to give it a try?

Paprika Zong | 辣椒粽

“Who loves it hot?” – Cocoon
Though some people prefer hot and spicy, I doubt if anyone can finish an entire plate of paprika Zongzi.

Peking Roast Duck Zong | 烤鸭粽

“I have to share the Peking Roast Duck Zongzi that I tried once. I love roast duck and this, this is amazing.” –Chengcheng
It’s a brilliant idea to put the oily roast duck meat in Zongzi, and let the glutinous rice absorb the oil that smoothens the texture for each bite.  

Stinky Tofu Zong | 臭豆腐粽

“I heard people are making Zongzi with stinky tofu. If you ask me, I’d say it will be either incredibly delicious, or miserably terrible. Either way I am going to try one.” – Leling
Stinky tofu is a traditional street snack in China, and there are multiple kinds of it. From north to south, Chinese people have crispy or paste-like stinky tofu and eat them in different ways. But no one has ever thought of stuffing it in Zongzi. A stall in Taiwan has been selling stinky tofu Zongzi recently. It sounds challenging enough to me. Would you give it a try?

Mac n' Cheese Zong | 奶酪通心粉粽

“Studying abroad, I have limited choice on what to stuff in my Zongzi. So I thought ‘why not try theirs?’ and here I am, with my invention of mac and cheese Zongzi. ” –Lu Wei
Actually it may work. Both Zongzi and macaroni are cooked by boiling first, just your decision when to add cheese on it. Maybe you can try cheese filling next time.
It is such a spirit-lifting event to collect your brilliant ( 腦) ideas(洞) for Duanwu. And after coming through all of them, we have been inspired to add our awkward selection: wasabi Zongzi, chocolate Zongzi, seafood BBQ Zongzi, fruit Zongzi, to name a few. 

沒有留言:

張貼留言

  https://m.lnka.tw/detail.aspx?articleId=36277